Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

Kashmiri youth

I had a home, home in paradise! Kashmir. My parents, my Uncle, my Aunt, my Cousins, a total of seven members were in our family. I had a room of my own, hardly found in a middle class family in Kashmir. I loved it, I used to decorate the room now and then, I often used to change the look of the room but there was one thing that I never used to change and that was the white color of my room, the color with which one makes peace with.
There is one more thing that I liked in my childhood, i loved to sleep and dream a lot. Dream of becoming a Price! Price of the fairy tales.
I was in the crucial years of my career and I was planning to make my dreams come true, but then one day there was a big bang and I woke up from the sleep. There was a cry,cry to run away and in a fraction of seconds every thing changed, our family was separated . Most importantly I stopped dreamming because i didnt sleep, i became a patient of insomnia.
One can find thousands of examples like me, Kashmiri muslims as well as Kashmiri pandits, youngsters who dreamed of making a mark in life, who dreamed of doing something big in life in Kashmir but couldnt do it because of the ongoing turmoil in the valley.
Politically progress has been made lately, mostly influenced from foreign powers like U.S.A, the result is that there is a friendly environment between the neighbouring countries India and Pakistan. I have heard people saying very confidently that this time over there is going to be a solution to this menace. May be a couple of decades more thatz it. A couple of years one understands but a couple of decades.... n they the intelligent one.... tell me " u cannot expect a problem of 60 years to be over in a minute...do U"!
But by that time i will be an old man and my dreams probably will be overshadowed by the
volcano of other thoughts that keep disturbing me now and then.
I know I am not the only one whose dreams have vanished, there will be cases worse than this but what i am concerned about is.......... when I and people like me get older would they or should they help the peace process to reach the justified end or would it in any way help people like us who have lost it all (DREAMS) . If yes then how........ . I am equally concerned about the future generations to come, will they have to suffer the same that I had to suffer. It is a pitty that Kashmiris dont have a solution for their problems but the real problem is others dont have it too. This is indeed a human mystery...simple to understand but hard to solve.
Anyways.......Is anyone bothered about the people of Kashmir, its youth, is any body to help solve the problem. Help to make peace. Help to keep thousands of dreams alive?
IF YES
PLEASE HELP TO MAKE PEACE
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE



















Comments:
great to be with your blog,,, i may not call it a blog but a real life....

i am happy to realize that we still have great people like you...

keep it up brother,,,,

With Regards,

Nadeem Qadri
Founder President,
YOUTH PARLIAMENT
of J&K
www.youthparliamentjk.blogspot.com
 
This is very true what ever my friend has said.I lived in jammu,when i was just 7.I lived the peaceful life there but but i remembered,kashmir suffered a lot under panic situtions.
This i also know that kashmir has better future a head because i love to be the part of kashmir as the place is too good to live in!!
SWATI SOOD
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?